Please be advised that the Irish Government has now issued a Status Red snow and ice alert and has recommended that businesses close to ensure people can get home safely. This alert is staying in place until the weekend. We have therefore taken the decision to close our Irish office, including the Call Center and will not be reoponing it until 8am Monday, 5th March.
Find out more about current vacancies at PFSsss
By supplying your CV and/or further personal details for the purpose of being considered for a vacancy you are consenting that PFS can hold these records for a period not exceeding 6 months at which point all records will be deleted.
We are always keen to hear from talented professionals looking for a new challenge. If you are interested in joining a growing company with a fast paced working environment then why not get in touch? Send a CV and a covering letter to [email protected] explaining why you think you should be considered for a role at PFS.
Click/tap on a job title to view details of the role.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Assisting with all aspects of the month end close;
• Balance sheet control and reconciliations;
• Preparation and posting of month end nominal ledger journals;
• Preparation and analysis of monthly profit & loss accounts;
• Preparation of VAT and other regulatory returns;
• Assisting with the raising of sales invoices and their correct processing;
• Assisting with the processing of purchase invoices and ensuring they are correctly authorised and accounted for, and;
• Assist in the continued roll out of new systems and processes.
We are looking for someone who is eager, professional, driven and wants to succeed in this role and their broader professional career.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced busy environment;
• Ideally, approaching the final stages of a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
• You will have the ability to prioritise workload and work off your own initiative;
• High-level of IT literacy, strong excel skills, and;
• Prior exposure to Sun advantageous.
• Configuration of invoices on the company’s automatic invoicing systems
• Preparation of manual invoices and credit notes.
• Posting invoices and credit notes to the accounts receivable and general ledgers.
• Responding to client and internal department queries regarding invoices.
• Assisting with credit control functions
• Reviewing sales contracts to extract billing information
• Defining data requirements from company’s systems to allow for the generation of automated invoices
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced, busy accounting environment and be comfortable working under pressure during the invoicing period at the beginning of each month
• Must have a good level of accounts receivable and general accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of UK VAT an advantage
• Must be technology savvy, the role requires you to understand and apply the data held on the firm’s multiple systems and configure the invoice and accounting systems through a user interfaces. Training will be given but you must be comfortable with tech
• Must be at intermediate level Excel. Expert level on Excel an advantage
• Must have a high level of attention to detail to deliver the high degree of accuracy required
• Must be numerate and have good problem-solving skills
• Must be well organised and have the ability to prioritise workload and work off your own initiative
• Confident communications skills to handle queries from clients and internal departments by email and phone efficiently will be required.
• Prior exposure to the Sun accounting system would be advantageous
Due to continued commercial growth, we are recruiting for a number of Software Developers across all levels to join our company in Navan, Co Meath, Ireland. We specialise in the delivery of prepaid card programmes and the provision of payments services to a range of clients globally. The ideal candidate will be a dependable team-player who will own and drive development tasks that they are involved in, developing code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently. If you have a github account and would like to show us what you can do then please include a link.
Qualifications / Experience:
Experience working against PCI-DSS requirement would be beneficial. Any payments experience would be beneficial.
Please state your desired salary and current notice period with existing employer on your application.
© Copyright 2018 Prepaid Financial Services